Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

"New" A124

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RHW 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a 124 for sale that's any closer to new than this? 5,900 miles and $42,900
Mercedes-Benz : E-Class Cabriolet Mercedes-Benz : E-Class Cabriolet | eBay

It's nice to imagine being able to go into a dealership and buy one all sparkling new but at $80k msrp and having only driven 5000 miles this certainly was not the wisest investment. Interesting it's always the cabs that get preserved, I'd love to see a sportline coupe in similar condition

See less See more
#2 ·
No doubt a beautiful car, and not trying to sound pessimistic, but the numbers on the odometer don't line up properly, not the original style oil cap, and the wiring harness support at the back of the valve cover isn't mounted. Seems like it may have a little history to it.

#6 · (Edited)
Nope, 94/95 wipers wipe in to out.

Bigkid, good eye on those odo numbers!

Komrade, I follow the ebay and many "car for sale" sites and forums watching Cabriolet activity every few weeks. If that is the true mileage, that is the lowest I've ever seen. The next lowest was a 15K vehicle.

But, $43K and no windscreen???

#7 · (Edited)
I actually think some of the side moldings were painting gloss. The color is Imperial Red, I know MB had a gloss Imperial over matte "Paprika" red but I've seen this all gloss Imperial monotone red before on original Euro spec cars so if it wasn't a U.S. option it may have been a special order or Euro-delivery program

john, yeah as the other gentleman pointed out the 94/95 wipers are the opposite as earlier U.S. spec cars, I believe they are also the same as the European wipers. :thumbsup:

edit: and nice spot on the odo numbers, I guess even with 5000k miles it's still just as old as any 95 E320

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.