Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

No electricity to fuel pump! What else could it be?

774 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EMatic430 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I was driving down the road (86' 300e, 180,000), and the car stalled out. The fuel pump didn't seem to be working- you can usually hear it come on. I replaced the pump (only two years old) with a brand new one, traded the fuel pump relay out with one I had pulled out of an 89 that ran. The OVP is newish (bought last year), and the fuse looks good. Still, the fuel pump won't come on at all. These are the only things I could come up with in my research, and manuals.

I love this car, but it's starting to overwhelm me! The better-half is threatening to have it junked! If anyone has any ideas as to what else it could be, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading...

#3 ·
The pump works, but there was no power going to it, and yes I replaced it with a knock-off, but it's that or nothing.

I'm in the process of trying to splice in a new wire, and run it off of a toggle. If it buys me a little more time, I'll be happy. This is my only car and daily driver, so I'm desperate!

#5 ·
Fuses and relays seemed to be fine. It had to be a bad wire. I spliced in a new wire, ran it to the battery, and installed a toggle switch on the dash. I hid the wires well- you cant even tell. Just have to remember to turn off the pump when I kill the car. Installed an inline fuse with hopes that it will pop before the pump does. What can I say? It worked!

Thank you guys for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.