Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Location for the flasher relay on a 1987 300e

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BarkyMarky 
#1 ·
Hi, I had my machanic check my merecedes because the signal lights where no longer working. He came up with the conclusion after checking the fuses and wires etc. that it was the flasher relay, but he doesn't know the location of it. If anyone knows the location of the flasher relay on a merecedes 1987 300e please reply. Thank you in advance.

#4 ·
I've just had the same problem on my '95, which I solved in 5 minutes with a soldering iron thanks to this forum. Somewhere (you'll have to do a search!) there is a photo walk-through.
Take the relay out of the car and then remove the cover. The blobs (technical term) of solder on the reverse (ie not component) side tend to crack. Have a good look at all the little lumps of solder ESPECIALLY around the bottom half inch of the board, if necessary take a magnifying glass to it. I didn't need to, it was obvious where the solder was cracked so I was able to dab some new solder onto the bad ones and the potentially bad ones.
Replace the relay and check all functions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.