Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Strange clicking sound from relay 1992 400E

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  macdrone 
#1 ·
I think I have a bad relay or what ever it is that is located under the hood on driver's side close to the firewall. There is a grouping of three things, the middle one has a place for two fuses. The one making the sound has what I think is a vacuum hose off of it. I had a dead battery and opened the hood and heard this weird clicking noise coming from one of those things. I wiggled the wires and tapped on them and the noise stopped.
I did notice that it was missing slightly when cold a few days before it drained the battery. I could post some pics if I can figure that out how to show the three things where the noise was coming from. I haven't charged the battery yet but will do that today to see if my tapping on it stopped the clicking noise. I read somewhere that relays can some times stick. Oh well, I'm sure this is going to be a dealer item but don't think it could cost that much. Any body else ever have this problem?
Thanks,
Curt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.