Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

climate control help

742 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  macdrone 
#1 ·
I have a 87 300d and the climate control has a mind of its own. I replaced the vacuum solonoid bar and its still not working properly. When i set it to defrost in the heat setting it blows cold. It also doesnt blow from the middle vents in ANY setting. When any of the other vent selections is pressed it just blows out from the two side vents and floor vents. Im thinking there is a vaccum diaphram problem or mabey the control unit is on the blink.... It there any diagrams available or suggestions. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 ·
Do a search this is a common issue having issues with climate control. Center vents only open on white to blue setting for A/C and cool air. Defrost is only side vents and winshield. Double filled arrow is winshield sides floor and rear floor. Everything else is sides and feet, again unless in white or blue for a/c and cool air. If your vacuum pods are toast ( hoping you have already tried the thumbscrews on the vents themselves) then look up ps2cho's thread as he has completely refurbed his whole a/c system and pods (which requires pulling dash out).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.