Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

anyone know anything about 5000 v8 engine in W124 CE

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Mcmerc01 
#1 ·
Someone knows something about installing the V8 engine in a 5000 Mercedes W124 coupe. I would like to get into this adventure with my 300 ce 24v.
thanks.

#2 ·
W124 was the internal chassis-designation for the 1985 to 1995 version of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. The W124 models replaced the W123 models after 1985 and were superseded by the W210 E-Class after 1995. I am sorry dude I do not have much information about this car.

#7 ·
:confused:......:dunno:

It is going to require you to reshape the opening of the transmission tunnel and relocate a whole bunch of items.

Wanting to do this is SWEET, but be prepared for some intense work.

#6 ·
That's the post I had seen. Thanks for linking it by the way. But no, Its quite easy compared to other engine swaps.

But I could be wrong again, from my experience this is so. My mechanic did an engine swap, except to save for the electronic gremlins, took the V8 from an old SEL and put it into a CE, made a huge difference visually and the sound was just sublime.

You would need to get new engine mounts to say the least, but as far as the gearbox goes, its a clean fit, if not slightly tighter. The engine compartment MAY need to be modified. Thing is, if your going to do an engine conversion, you may as well put in a 5 speed gear box, and a new diff to run at better RPM's.

Anyone could elaborate a bit more, I'm no professional :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.