Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300E undercarriage rebuild?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jeanvill 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've seen the awesome wagon undercarriage rebuild that aqorps/Raj did to his 93/300TE.
I was thinking, has anyone done one to a sedan? I'm still learning so is the rear end in the wagon the same as the sedan with exception of the levelers? If anyone did rebuild their undercarriage did you make a parts list? Take picture?

#2 ·
Im casting my fishing line out again and changing the bait. Has anyone wanted to do the undercarriage and would be interested in helping make a list? Anyone?

Jean:)

#8 ·
When I bought my wagon, it had those steel torque arms on it as well. The only appreciable differences between the sedans and wagons has to do with the struts, lower control arms, swaybar links and wheel bearing carrier housings. But all the R&R procedures are the same

#9 ·
Thanks Zeitgeist thats the answer I was looking for but couldn't find in the post of the wagon.I'm surprised that no one has done one to a sedan yet.

Yeah I need to get the dancing on the freeway fixed. Mercedes doesn't dance well.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.