Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Amg Rims for my 300E

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tlehn 
#1 ·
I am looking at these set of rims on craigslist, and need to know whether they will fit my w124 chasis without having to roll the fenders, etc. Also, what would be a reasonable price to offer? Thanks!
L@@K Mercedes Benz AMG 17"staggered wheels

#3 ·
Basic wheel fitting

You need to do some homework on how wheels are interchangeable based upon their measurements. Just knowing the rim diameter is meaningless for proper fitment.

Three measurements are needed, and they are readily available on the back of most wheels, (either cast into the wheel, or stamped into them).

Rim width, rim diameter and Offset, (or ET)

Every car is designed for certian wheel sizes, but with a little wiggle room, can handle something a little different.

The Normal Stock Wheel on a W124 can be a 6.5" x 15" ET44, with 195/65R tires.

If you want to put a 17" wheel on the car it should have measurements something like this, 7.5" x 17" ET 40 with 235/45R tires

There are other combinations that work, but looking at the numbers above you can see you are missing key info needed to answer your question. What the rim width, what is the ET, and what are the tire sizes.

Without this info, no on can tell you for sure if they will fit or not.

Just ask the seller to look on the back of the wheel for numbers that may look similar to this, 7.5J x 17H2 ET37, you also need the tire size if you intend to use them.

Check back later with the info when you find out and post it, we can give you more info then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.