Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Home Built Code Scanner, Works great but I need help!! W/Pic

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Aureliametal 
#1 ·
I built the code scanner as per the writup on this forum. Im getting code 11 and 13. Can figure out where to start? Vaccum leak? Its really hard to start and runs bad unless you keep your foot on the gas. I desperately need help. This car is my only transportation and I just had a baby so I cant get stranded anywhere. Thanks a lot!! Here is a pic of the scanner. :eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to say this is a 91 300te 4 matic. I got it running good when its cold and at idle but as soon as I try to drive it a couple miles when I stop the RPM's drop and it misses really bad and then it stalls and will not fire no matter what I do until it sits for a while........HELP!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
OBDI codes

The codes were not standardized before the OBDII. I have a 1992 300TE and just purchased one of these code readers (after 300,000 miles) and found a few codes from the last 18 years.

For me, I plugged the green lead into pin 1, white (+) into pin 3 (it said 16 but that wasn't connected to anything), black into either pin 6, 8, or 14, depending on where you want codes from.

Pin 6 Emissions (note, some models may allow using the Built-in Diagnostic Module - (if applicable))
Code 11 is the Tn-Signal (rpm signal) at the engine control module is faulty.

Pin 8 ECU
Code 11 is O2S 1 heater (before TWC) - current too high/low or short circuit
Code 13 is O2S (Lambda) control system operating at rich or lean limit.

Pin 14 CC/ETA
Code 11 is closed throttle recognition signal to engine control module (HFM-SFI or left LH-SFI)
Code 13 Left EA/CC/ISC actuator (right cylinder bank) or actual value potentiometer (M16/4r1 or M16/4r2) or actuator motor (M16/4m1) or magnetic clutch (M16/4k1).

Good Luck,
Peter

#7 ·
Sorry again. I used pin 14 to test. So, closed throttle recognition? Or left actuator? Holy cow!! What does that stuff mean??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.