Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A new era.

654 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  94Wagenmeister 
#1 ·
I (my wife made me) have finally succombed to the lure of plastic bumpers and higher mpg and bought a 87 300D. For those who don't know me I am pretty active over in the W123 section (you know, real bumpers).

Anyways trans is leaking pretty bad, was looking for a 5spd swap.

#3 ·
i always feel like i'm sneaking around when i'm on the w124 forum, but as much as i love my w123's, my wife's '92 wagon is an amazing vehicle. so refined, and balanced in every way. The two families have so little in common, and somehow so much. I love having both, and i am in love with the old cars, but boy do they feel like driving a little red wagon after getting home from vacation in the w124.

#4 ·
Welcome.

My wife, then girlfriend, had an '81 240D when we met. I gave her never-ending hell about that car's lack of power, however, it was essentially indestructible.

Ironic how, 20 years later, I own the next generation of the mid-sized MB platform. I think you'll find it worthy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.