Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

LOST 1995 remote transmitter/replacement??

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DReisbord 
#1 ·
Bounced around by MB I always end up here for sound advice.

Issue? Not so much my lost keyring & keys....but the transmitter on it.
1995 E320 cabriolet.

My understanding? The remote transmitter to lock/unlock doors & trunk were a common dealer installed (aftermarket) device in 1995.

So I think.

Now lost....clueless how to replace it.

Concerned about it's "relation" to pneumatics, and alarm, reluctant to install/replace a perfectly functioning system....certainly unwilling to turn the car over to anyone less than knowledgeable of a 95 124's "workings"....I remain at a literal loss.

Just need to replace the little transmitter.

What to do??

#2 ·
David,

As you know, remote keyless entry systems were not OEM on the W124's. My best susggestion would be to determine the make and model of the unit that was installed on your car. With that information, contact the manuf. of said unit and see if they still have the remote units.

Good Luck,

Jim

#3 ·
Jim, as always, thank you for your quick reply.
Can you advise how/where to seek make & model of remote?
Honestly?...don't know where to look.
I've discovered, and called the original MB selling dealer in Florida...but they claim to no longer have their original sales invoice from 95 (or any idea of remotes mfgr).

So...your help in this detective work (and all our fellow enthusiast's) is grately appreciated.

Thanks again,
David

#4 ·
So far no luck...but an inch closer to resolving.
Seems replacement transmitters are easily available "online" but, require FCC info displayed on the "brainbox".

Sounds easy....but, where to look for it?
Seems it's nowhere obvious.
??

Ideas?.... Guys??

#6 ·
i've read the install of remote entry on this forum and they put the device under the rear seat very near the vacuum pump. it should have all that info on it. good luck..

#7 ·
Great Info to have!
Thanks hlc....very much.

However.....KEYS NOW JUST FOUND (of course after replacing them all)
Now, will order an extra remote transmitter...all the info's on it.

But....while I'm at it, thought I might address a related issue.
Although the remote ALWAYS works....sometimes, quite reluctantly.
I've found myself in the rain pressing, and pressing the button before doors unlock or lock.
Hmmmm
Vacuam issue?
Any thought on what I'd be getting myself into to repair??
Thanks again hlc...thoughts guys??

As always, very much appreciated,
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.