Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Quick question PLEASE ADVISE

548 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  burbur 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
Thats my dilema as I described before I got short circuit in left tail light I got to the point that I removed brake bulb and everything works like it should beside I dont have brake light (when it is installed 3 bulbs are on left trim brake+ running light when I hit brake all 3 died) so I would like to disconect 1 wire from left tail light plug responsible for brake and connect brake wire from right taillight to it Can somebody let me know if that will work???? PLEASE I hope this one extra bulb connected wont mess up fuses or anything else. I suspect bad harness but thats one issue which bother me most. Any help will be appreciated. PLEASE HELP
Bur

#2 ·
tailight

What I have found with mine was the previous owner rewired the light to make up for a bad combo relay he couldnt find or figure out. Look at wires inside the plastic piece and the wires directly to the light connection, all wires should be individual, if they are doubled up then somethings wrong there (which is where I found my issue). Then spread the plastic tabs and pull the metal pieces (light holder and contact area) and make sure no wires are shorted to it or crimped. If not then check the relay its under the screwed down cover behind (aft) of the fuses. That relay controls all the lights and the dash indicator. Costs 200 new but at a boneyard you can usually get 4 or 5 for 20 bucks.....I did. 2 years and still good to go.

Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.