Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FOR SALE: MB 300CE 24-v Coupe

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mrnickleye 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to arrange the sale of my low-mileage 1990 300CE 24v coupe. The car is pristine inside and out. The car has a great-condition exterior & interior, with no blemishes & minimal seat wear. The engine runs perfectly and will move the car very quickly when desired. All gauges/windows/functions have been fixed. 6-CD changer. Cold air conditioning. White exterior / grey interior. Located in Sudbury, MA. 94k miles.

I really like the car and have put a lot of work into it, but the car did not pass the emissionstest. Although I could fix it, I am considering that as I live in the city, the car may take more work than I have time for on a regular basis (this is my second car, and I walk to work!)

Asking 4400$, given low mileage & present condition, and will of course consider reasonable offers. I would prefer to sell to a M-B enthusiast if possible. Additional pics available. PM me with interest.

Posted in for-sale and model-specific forums.

See less See more
#3 ·
This is downright weird. I recently started looking for a 300CE (like two weeks ago) and my very first search of C-List turned up a mint '89 in my own town ($4250, still for sale). I drove that CE (my first) yesterday and really enjoyed it. But I passed up the mint '89 (with 116K miles) because it wasn't the color I wanted (black/grey). That might look stupid to some people, but when I own a car I need to be able to love it every time I look at it. Champagne-beige doesn't do it for me, and unfortunately, neither does white. But it's pretty strange to have one car come up within a mile of where I live and another within ten miles, all within a few days. These cars are 'rare', right?

#4 ·
Not rare, really. But a lot of folks don't have the grand or so per year it takes to keep them running strong. Most of them are getting to the point where the owners need to "fish or cut bait" when it comes to keeping them.

#6 ·
I think they are 'rare' enough when, according some figures I read in the forum, there were less than 14000 imported to the USA. 5 yrs worth, 88-92

I have not seen another one on the road since I've had mine for 3 1/2 mo. And I've been to Las Vegas, and around L.A. a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.