Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

HVAC question

820 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jmoney6 
#1 ·
ok i noticed somehtign strange today... I've had the car a few monthes (winter monthes) and the heat blows veryy hot, how ever when i turn the heat on ont he outside vents on the drive and passenger side work, the center don;t blow anything, but as soon as i turn the thing to med or cold all4 open up. Also how hard should the blower motor be blowing, my car barely blowsd any air, however the car gets cold and hot, do i neet a new motor?:bowdown:

#2 ·
When you have the HVAC set to warm or hot... the center vents never blow air, who wants hot air blown in their face? The air is instead directed to the windshield, floor and the side vents to keep glass clear.

If you think it needs to be replaced and you want to see if its bowing as hard as it should... set the HVAC to defrost... left most button... if working properly, it will blast hot air out of the windshield vents at highest speed.

When set to AUTO... mine never really blows that hard... just enough to get the job done. It's actually a very intelligent system, when it works properly.

#3 ·
Again, the center vents are for A/C. When on defrost mode you'll only get hot, I mean really hot air from the the defroster. It won't change regardless of the temperature setting. If you put the fan on Hi, then you'll hear it blowing. I keep mine on auto. Sometimes you'll hear the fan and sometimes not. It just does it's thing and I never have to touch anything. I've never had a car with such a great climate control system as this one.

#4 ·
yeah the air kinda "trickles" out like kind anot really blowing on hi, i'm nto sure tho. i'll bring it to the mechanic...also while on this topic, the cars been running heat all winter, when i do finally turn the a/c on hwoi long will it take to get the a/c ice cold. (like hours a few days)

#5 ·
jmoney,

How many cars have you owned in the past? Your A/C, if working properly, will begin cooling the car in a few minutes once it is on. Do you have an owner's manual? If not, get one and read it from front to back. You will learn a ton about your car, it's features, their functions and needs for proper operation.

Good Luck,

Jayare

#6 ·
I'm only 18 this is my first car. I was just curious with the a/c because i turned it on the other day just out of curiosity, and the pump went on but the airt was kinda warm not super cold.

#7 ·
It should cool right away... ice cold... have that checked and recharged.

Normally, even when running the heat, unless in EConomy mode you will be running the A/C compressor... so the fact that it engages is a good sign.

Probably just needs to be recharged.

#9 ·
Personally? I would have a MB independant do it... nobody touches my cars thats not Mercedes Certified. For any reason.

And depending on what system you have R-12 or R134a you may have to have a pro do it. You might have to convert your R-12 to R-134a... not too sure on that though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.