Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear Marker Light Help

836 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  macdrone 
#1 ·
"Bulb Out" dash light comes on whenever I turn on lights. The drivers side rear marker bulb does not illuminate. Took the bulb out and exchanged with the one on the other side. Bulb is good. Brought out the multi-meter. I get 12V on the passenger side for the same light. On the drivers side i get less than 1V. Unplugged wiring harness from light tray and tested again. Still get less than 1V on the drivers side. I checked all the fuses and they appear to be in good condition. This is starting to get frustrating. Any advice? I really do not want to have to chase the wire truoughout the entire length of the car. Please help. thanks.

Chris
95' E320

#2 ·
Chris,

Check the harness in the trunk that runs down the left henge. I had similar problems with my sedan and found that to be the culprit. Obviously, it will be located in the area of the harness that flexes with opening and closing.

Good Luck,

Jayare

#3 ·
Headlight/ Lights Relay!

I had a problem like that with my 400E turned out to be a headlight relay that was burnt out because of an aftermarket alarm install. I went to the junkyard and pulled 3 of them and wow all fixed. What happened in the relay from when I popped it open was a heat disapater inside that cools the components from the voltage burnt through and did just what your saying. If its not that at least pull the unit and wires up and test that wire while lights are on from unit to get the voltage, if it good there you have a short from there to the light if not its the unit. The relay is mounted aft of the fuses under the screwed down cover. Good luck. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.