Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Corner markers - Clear, Smoke, or Amber?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Tazio 
#1 ·
Just fishing for opinions. One of my side markers on my '92 400E is broken - victim of an unsecured load of gravel from a dump truck. Bastard got my windscreen as well. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyhow, just looking for opinions on what looks better: Clear marker, smoke marker, or standard (US) amber marker? Car has US headlamps and is "smoke silver." Out-of-date pic attached - I've since replaced the headlight surrounds and given the car a good cleaning and waxing.

Opinions are most welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think smoked looks best with euro lamps. Clear probably wouldn't look good with the US DOT surrounds which are somewhat smoked.

#4 ·
I tend to agree. I don' t like the "ricer" or "modded" look and will likely stay with the stock markers. They're all the same price though so I was curious what everyone's thoughts were.

Headlight door replacement was not a problem. Easy enough even without removing the entire headlight unit. I did discover one of the fastener tabs (on the bottom, driver's side) was broken. I did not break it - it started that way.

:mad: :mad:

Used some plumber's pipe epoxy and that fixed it right up. Expoxied the hell out of that thing :D :D so if I ever want to remove those headlight doors again, I will have to go with the Euro lights.

I've noticed that the W124 is a good bit harder to tinker with then the various W123s I've owned, but that's another story.

#8 ·
How about a fourth option?

I have a 92 400E as well, brilliant silver. I changed out the ambers and replaced them with the standard corners on the 94-95 W124. Mostly clear lens, with just a patch of yellow/amber on the side. Gives the front a wider look, cleaner and more light. Plus you are staying with MB specs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.