Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

automtic transmission 87 300td

850 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jayare 
#1 ·
hello
well my trany need help (it slips a lot) and was wondering what are my options if it would come for changing it what model should i look for ? which models of cars is it in (if i could find it in a scrap yard) and is there maybe a rebuld kit for the tranny?
also where can i find the model of the trany that i have ? its a 87 w124 with i think the om603 engine
thanks for any info
matt

#2 ·
Your transmission model number should be stamped on the side of the transmission housing in a horizontal format. It should start with 722.x.x etc.

There is a Russian web site, that's mentioned numerous times in this forum, that has a VIN number check feature. Do a search for it with the forum search function. It will tell you all about your engine model, transmission number etc.

You might first try changing the fluid and filter in your transmission to see if this helps with the slipping problem. Again, try the search function for loads of post's on this subject.

Good Luck,

Jayare

#3 ·
Mati,

I did a little research for you. Your transmission number is 722.317 and you have a 603.96 diesel. You haven't filled in any additional infomation on your public profile, so I don't know if you are in the USA or not. If so, there is a company that sells rebuilt transmissions (adsitco.com) for $1395.00 + $300 core charge. They offer a warrantee etc.

There are also a number of on-line sites that offer MB OEM parts. One that I have used several times is autopartsplace.com They offer an overhaul kit for your model @ $193.00 It includes everything except the steel spacers.

Good Luck and tell us more about your car and yourself.

Jayare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.