Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Oil Pressure Gauge & Hard Start

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  macdrone 
#1 ·
The oil pressure gauge on the dash is not working, before it used to work while the car was cold but now it simply refuses to move. Can someone help me regarding the issue.
Also the car does not start when hot. It takes 10 - 12 cranks to power it up but if i leave the switch on for a minute and let the fuel pump run then it starts easily.
Can this be an issue of reduced pressure from the fuel pump??

#2 ·
Zaidi,

Most likely, your oil pressure sending unit has failed. It is a simple fix and not expensive. The sending unit is located on the oil filter mount, below the filter, pointing toward the firewall. There is a single wire leading from it.

I would change the fuel filter to see if it resolves your starting issue.

Good Luck,

Jayare

#5 ·
Oil Pressure

Are you sure you don't have oil pressure? How can you check without the gauge? You may wan't to stop driving the car until you know for sure. That could be a cause for a bad hot start, low lubrication. It won't show a high engine temp but will seriously harm the motor. Are you using Mobil 1 synthetic oil? MB recommends synthetic for no sludge buildup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.