Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Enhanced Cluster

839 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BAWagonWheels 
#1 ·
I have this mod on my older vehicle (ford) which I no longer have. basically its a dash lighting enhancement with a custom designed gauges.

The dull standard cluster bulbs which i find very difficult to read gauges at night was replaced with super bright white LEDs and the light dispersement bezels removed. it was a 200% improvement and now the cluster can be clearly read and also still able to adjust dimming levels as normal. also looks more modern with white lighting.

The original speedometer was dead boring. there were also more than average speed segment marks which made it confusing so i just designed a simplified and modernised the speedometer to make the dash newer than it is. easier to read and makes me want to drive the mercedes benz more. my other car is a Ford Falcon BA XR wagon which i absolutely love driving.

One thing that still annoys me is the speedo needle is bouncy below 40km/h which i understand the speedo cable needs attention. this has happen long before i ever pulled out the dash. any fix???

sorry, old schools to spoil your fun. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
its glossy photo paper... the one in my older car lasted 11 months before the paper began to warp.

i know a place that do prints onto high density plastic but he wanted a fortune for it. i really don't have the money now however if i ever do then that an option. at least the HD plastic will last a good decade or so.

if the photo paper is nicely cut then it won't look so dodgy. i want to keep it photo paper for the time being as i have a few more design concepts i like to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.