Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New Battery

853 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pyro_la 
#1 ·
We are in need of a new battery for the 300E. The current one was put in Nov of 1999 and I believe it may be fading, as cold starts are getting a bit harder. I will check the starting voltage and whatnot later, but in the mean time are there any batteries that are better then others? or is a battery a battery as far as normal driving concerned.

#2 ·
I'd just get what your preferred dealer has on hand. I have read numerous comments on here stating that the dealers have competitive prices, plus if one fails completely, MBUSA will send someone to your stranded location to replace it for only the price of the battery itself.

#3 ·
I highly recommend Interstate brand batteries. It's the only thing we sold at the indie where I worked unless somebody really wanted to overpay for a genuine MBZ battery. Interstates are in 3 of my 5 daily drivers because the batteries that came in the other 2 cars when I bought them haven't croaked yet.

#4 ·
interstate are a good choice, but if you want to go one step up there are the optima batteries. the are the same company as interstate(same technology) but they are regurded as the performance alternative. i have the optima yellow top in my w124. this batterie is specificlly desined for cars with sound systems. it has something like a 6 hour reserve on it or something like that. if you dont want to spend all the money on the yellow top there is also the red top, ment for high performance cars which i believe costs a little less. chose optima or interstate and you wont miss a beat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.