Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Maintenance Records

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redwood 
#1 ·
Hi - I've had my 92 300E for about a little over a month now. It has 130,000 miles on it. The car still had all the manuals and maintenance book. The maintenance was done up to 95,000 miles.

My question is: if the maintenance "ticket" is stamped and signed by the dealership, does that mean if something was wrong it was fixed?

Also, is it worth taking back to the dealer to try and catch up on the maintenance, or should I just do it myself?

Thanks.

#2 ·
The dealer stamps are usually only for routine oil changes and a series of checks for the brakes, tyres, engine compartment and undercarriage. the dealers only do the minimum services unless you specify or it is the 30, 60 or 90K service. I once had a E420 with all the service stamps from the dealer yet it had the original distributor caps and rotors at 118K miles!!! same thing for the fuel filter! many things are not even specified on the owners manual service book. Things like differential fluid change, ignition components (spark plugs aside) , steering fluid and filter etc. etc.. Make up your own service schedule and follow it religiously. Everything on the 124 is pretty much do it yourself anyhow. since your car is all wheel drive, don't neglect your front diff and transfer case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.