Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Flex coupling question

612 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mathman 
#1 ·
Does the allen head bolt go on the transmission side or the drive shaft? I am changing the resonator also, there is a wire that is coming out of the resonator that hooks to the outside, does it get pushed in or should it go on the outside? The old resonator does not have it.

Thanks for the help

#2 ·
You'll have to be a bit more specific. your question is tough to understand. Are you changing out a bad flex coupling on the driveline? I am assuming that you are removing your exhaust components for drive shaft accesibility? You mention a wire coming out of the resonator? The only "wire" in the exhaust system is the lead for the oxygen sensor but that is pre catalyst. What year and model are we talking about? welcome to the community by the way..

#3 ·
yes, I am changing the flex coupling and I have forgotten where the allen head bolts came from(tranny or the drive shaft),I removed the exhaust system a while back ago.
The wire I was talking about is not electrical wire, it is coat hanger material that comes out of the resonator (converter side), it is firmly secured inside the resonator. There is a notch in the rim of the resonator's connecting pipe to the converter.
The car is 89 300ce.
I hope it is clear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.