Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Memory seats - options or standard?

729 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kiasu 
#1 ·
Anybody know if memory front seat were standard or optional on 93 400e's?

#5 ·
MBZ sold drastically different models in different markets/countries so I don't know what was normal in Australia.

Here in the USA their cars were fully loaded with equipment at the standard, base price. So in 1986 there was only the 300E version of the 124, equipped with the 3.0L I6, automatic transmission, vinyl tex upholstery, power windows, central locking, climate control, power seat adjusters with driver side memory, sunroof, alloy wheels, etc.

From living in Germany briefly I know that 124s over there were equipped quite differently. For one thing I can't remember seeing a single 3.0L 124 sedan.

Anyway, in the US MBZ later offered decontented versions of the 124, I guess to knock the price down a bit to make them more attractive to less affluent buyers. The 260E showed up in 87 I think. It had the smaller engine and lacked power seats, an alarm, adjustable steering column, headlight wipers. Strangely, all those things were available as optional equipment on a 260. Except memory seat. You could get dual power seats though. I really can't imagine why anyone would buy a 260E and then add the equipment found on a 300E. How much money would you save.

So kiasu a US 260E would not have power seats unless the buyer special ordered them. And virtually no one did.

#7 ·
augapfel said:
Almost certainly standard on USA cars. They were standard on the 300E from the beginning (1986) and the V8 got even more equipment. I'd be shocked if memory seats weren't included.
If only we got the same spec here in the UK, I had a 1989 300E, and electric seats were a cost option, as was air-con, cruise control and leather trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.