Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Small leak in back of wagon

769 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mzbito 
#1 ·
:confused:

It seems that my back side window has a leak that runs down into the back of the car, near the third seat. Has anyone experienced this window leaking? I looked and the seal seems to be tight, can you suggest anything, other than a tarp and parking it under cover that I can do? It's coming from somewhere in the upper corner near the passenger door, that is all that I can tell. I keep one of those moisure cups in there to suck it up and help with the odor.

#2 ·
Leaking rear side windows in the 124 wagon have become one of the few known weaknesses of the wagon. The seal will be failing and there is considerable likelyhood of rust under the seal (one of the few known rust locations in the 124 wagon). The only real fix is to have the window removed, any rust repaired, and the window reinstalled with a new seal.

#4 ·
Check the area around the antenna. my 300e leaked just like yours changed rubber grommet around the antenna mask cheap part at mb dealership and it fixxed the problem. But take your time mine was not easy to get in.""" also check drain tubes under the car they will get clogged with stuff this will let the water run out i used a long screwdriver to unclog mine. no more water""""

#6 ·
Check the cable harness that runs from the door into the body near the upper right door hinge. Mine leaks and I found that the harness compresses and changes or reduces the seal against the door. Hence, causing water leakage down the door into the rear of the car. Dont know how to fix it however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.