Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Japanese '91 300CE - 24

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  redwood 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone:

Just bought a Japanese import '01 300CE-24 with 90,000 km after totalling my pristine '91 420SEL (W126) over the weekend.:crybaby2:

Can anyone tell me if there are any significant differences between this Japanese model and the domestic N. American version? This car has a 3.0 M104 engine and a 5 spd. automatic transmission. It doesn't have a sunroof, the seats are cloth-covered and not heated and there is dual-zone auto climate control. I'm not sure if the car has airbags on either the driver's or passenger side.

As to its condition, the head gasket has already been replaced, but the driver's side seat belt extender seems to be broken. Does anyone have information on repairs and costs for this item ?

Cheers,

#2 ·
Japanese model Mercedes in Japan

BC300CE said:
Hi Everyone:

Just bought a Japanese import '01 300CE-24 with 90,000 km after totalling my pristine '91 420SEL (W126) over the weekend.:crybaby2:

Can anyone tell me if there are any significant differences between this Japanese model and the domestic N. American version? This car has a 3.0 M104 engine and a 5 spd. automatic transmission. It doesn't have a sunroof, the seats are cloth-covered and not heated and there is dual-zone auto climate control. I'm not sure if the car has airbags on either the driver's or passenger side.

As to its condition, the head gasket has already been replaced, but the driver's side seat belt extender seems to be broken. Does anyone have information on repairs and costs for this item ?

Cheers,
Check out www.gaisha-shuri-buhin.com,,will post some pics & info pertains to your car soon. BtW how much did you pay??if I may ask.

Attachments

#4 ·
Is it right hand or left hand drive?
Japanese would be right hand, similar spec to the UK version.
Left hand drive would be Euro Spec, unless it was imported at one time from the USA, then exported to you in Canada.
Look at the plate in the door or near the windshield for the VIN.
It should also state if it is a USA version.

#6 ·
I believe the 01's all had a 3.2 liter V6. I would be especially weary of a foreign market car that had it's head gasket replaced at only 90K kilometers. That's only like 60,000 miles?? I would have this car thoroughly examined by a professional technician. To have a headgasket let go that early it had to be severely overheated or run hot beacause of a low or no oil condition. service records

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.