Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Looking for 124 diesel fellow travellers in the Philadelphia area

616 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pkmaven 
#1 ·
After a rough start, I'm now the happy owner of an '87 300DT. One of the reasons I got the car was the "user serviceable" reputation. I'm a born trouble-shooter and a reasonably quick study on the how-tos.

So, what I would love is another 124 driver (or 10!) in the Philadelphia/Allentown PA area who has a little more knowledge than me and would love an extra set of hands in their garage from time to time. A local club would be great too.

Not sure if this sounds more like a "help wanted" or a "personal" ad, but it really is more about finding a fellow enthusiast or two and working to make both of our cars continue in the great MB tradition.

Thanks!

(Located dead-center between Philadelphia and Allentown)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
w2pa said:
After a rough start, I'm now the happy owner of an '87 300DT. One of the reasons I got the car was the "user serviceable" reputation. I'm a born trouble-shooter and a reasonably quick study on the how-tos.

So, what I would love is another 124 driver (or 10!) in the Philadelphia/Allentown PA area who has a little more knowledge than me and would love an extra set of hands in their garage from time to time. A local club would be great too.

Not sure if this sounds more like a "help wanted" or a "personal" ad, but it really is more about finding a fellow enthusiast or two and working to make both of our cars continue in the great MB tradition.

Thanks!

(Located dead-center between Philadelphia and Allentown)
Mike,
Your diesel will last forever if you only use MB coolant in your radiator, replace the rear, upper strut links with the upgraded ones, and drive it happily. You can contact me about improvements and there are many of us who drive diesels willingly. We donot live in the Philly area but we will gladly help you. pkmaven@hotmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.