Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Power seat stuck, any advice

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  steve211 
#1 ·
The drivers seat in my 94 E320 wagon is not working correctly. BTW, just bought the car and that is how it came from the PO.
The motors clicked with switch actuation, so I believed the switches good but the motors binding.

Nothing would move however so I removed the seat and found the seat back motor to have a bent shaft (the shaft going through the bosch motor). This is the only motor with a geared end instead of the cable type.

Anyone know where to source this motor besides the dealer?

Could not figure out how to get the entire slider off to check the other position adjustments, so I checked all the cables and they looked good. Then I hooked up my drill to the cables and all worked fine except that the tracks are binding about 1/3 of the way up from the full back position. At 5'7", I really need about 2 more inches. =)

Anyone know a better way to get a look at the track and why it is jammed? Maybe a coin stuck in there or something but I can't get a good eye on it.

Thanks
Steve
SC

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure where you are located [you might want to fill in your profile] but go to the nearest breaker yard and find you another drivers seat. It does not need to be pretty, leather or the right color, just have the motors. You should be able to get a working, yet cosmetically average seat for $125 or so. Now you have all the motors, gears, rails and everything. That will be cheaper than one motor at the dealer and you can plug and play your troubleshooting.

Also make sure your tracks are good and clean and clear. They do bind up if not clean and slick.

#3 ·
Hey thanks Mcbear!
I was sort of wondering if that was going to be the case. Not sure if my local salvage yard will have many Mercs, but I'll check.

Actually I'm now hoping to find a leather one in the Blue (I can dream) as I believe my seats are vinyl.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.