Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300CE '88 from Estonia.

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  sm. pelle 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey
This is my first MB and first car and she has 223000km on it. When I purchased she was in really bad shape beacause she had been in one place for 2 years. Now most of the bigger problems are fixed. ABS, ASD are next in list (+hundreds of smaller things), winter is coming and ASD would make it much funnier. :D
Also she needs new paint and I hope that that will come in spring.

VIN WDB124***
Model 300 CE
Chassis 124***
Engine 103983 10 025446
Transmission 717430 01 068137
Order 0 8 569 32414
Approx. year 1988
Lights BOSCH
Wiper BOSCH
Dealer Sweden (569)
Interior leather blue (272)
Paint
147 arctic white (T)

Options:
  • 211 automatic limited slip differential (ASD)
  • 236 special lamp switching - daytime running lamps, special light wiring for Norway and Sweden
  • 240 outside temperature indicator
  • 280 steering wheel (400 mm dia.) and gearshift lever in leather trim; on W202 390 mm dia.
  • 286 luggage nets on front seat backrests
  • 341 additional turn signal lamps
  • 406 single seat with orthopaedic front seat backrest, left and right
  • 430 headrests in the rear
  • 445 steering column, electrically adjustable, and airbag
  • 506 outside rear view mirror, left and right, heated (electrically adjustable on the right) (l.h.d.), outside rear view mirror, right, convex, taxi export version
  • 512 radio Becker Europa cassette Becker radio Europa cassette, full stereo, electronic LW/MW/USW
  • 524 paintcoat preservation
  • 531 automatic antenna
  • 543 sun visor with vanity mirror, illuminated, left and right
  • 551 anti-theft warning system
  • 570 folding armrest front w202/210 stowage box front with armrest, front folding armrest w202 - housing at front with armrest
  • 588 automatic climate control and electric window lifters (front and rear doors)
  • 597 heat-insulating glass, windshield, band filter
  • 603 headlamp wiper unit and oil for rear axle with limited-slip differential, in canisters and containers
  • 611 courtesy lamps for front and rear doors, with W124 also for central doors/W202 front doors only
  • 620 emission control system, vehicles with catalyst technique
  • 630 ECE warning triangle
  • 640 aluminium disc wheels with radial-ply tires
  • 673 high-capacity battery
  • 809 Change of year of model, last figure shows new model year
  • 812 rear-mounted loudspeaker
  • 825 additional parts for Sweden vehicle version
  • 873 seat heater for left and right front seats

PS! Sry for my bad english but i'm trying to improve myself.

Edit: I posted some pictures to W124 E Class Picture Thread.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
flyboyike said:
I was afraid of that. I remember they made very cool motorized tin trucks and very credible-looking F1-type cars.
Yes... its a shame.

battlecat714 said:
is that the OE spoiler for the ce?
Nope, it's a zender aftermarket spoiler, it was already there when I brought my CE and I still cant decide that should i leave or lose it when i'm going to repaint. Of course new color will be original 147 arctic white.
My plan is to keep original line outside and inside (maybe I'll make exception for audio... head, amp and speakers... but nothing spectacular, i mean more like stealth install oslt)

#7 ·
That's a nice car, and a good year. It's a good idea to repaint in the same color.
I like it with the deck spoiler on it- but it's a very personal thing to keep it or take it off.

Tallinn is a beautiful, lovely place, I had a wonderful time seeing the old town especially, a few years ago....I still have a small bottle of Vana Tallinn liquor and vodka left. The Finns made a business coming from Helsinki to shop in Tallinn and return. I loved your country.:)

#9 ·
cascade said:
That's a nice car, and a good year. It's a good idea to repaint in the same color.
I like it with the deck spoiler on it- but it's a very personal thing to keep it or take it off.

Tallinn is a beautiful, lovely place, I had a wonderful time seeing the old town especially, a few years ago....I still have a small bottle of Vana Tallinn liquor and vodka left. The Finns made a business coming from Helsinki to shop in Tallinn and return. I loved your country.:)
Thanks!

About Finns, they still come shoping=to buy cheap alcohol, we have special word for them... "vodka tourists". :D

battlecat714 said:
i'd lower it just a tad, but that's just me.
You mean spoiler or car? If car then i have been thinking about -20mm sportline springs, I would like -40mm more but the roads are so bad and with -40 would be impossible to drive normaly. In the pic the tires are bit small too, 195/60 15 (OE are 195/65 15) and irl they look bit silly.
Btw are the ordinary and sportline shocks same?

#11 ·
sm. pelle said:
You mean spoiler or car? If car then i have been thinking about -20mm sportline springs, I would like -40mm more but the roads are so bad and with -40 would be impossible to drive normaly. In the pic the tires are bit small too, 195/60 15 (OE are 195/65 15) and irl they look bit silly.
Btw are the ordinary and sportline shocks same?
yeah i meant the car, since there is that big gap between tire and fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.