Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1992 300TE No spark

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Burl 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning I drove through a puddle and less than a 1/10 of a mile down the road the car stalled out. I naturally thought that the distributor cap or something else that generates the spark got wet. It has been at the mechanics all day. They are using starting fluid, but still no spark. The puddle was not excessively large and it is doubtful that water could go high enough to reach the cap as I believe the distributor cap is located on the front of the engine next to the valve cover and fan.

Anyone have any ideas as what could be the source of the problem?

Thank you.

Burl

Update. The car was sitting at the service station all day. The service station attendant went out and it started right up. He ran it for twenty minutes. Turned it off and started it and ran it for another twenty minutes. I went to pick it up and it started, and I drove it down the street . About a 1/3 of a mile later it conked out. The service station attendant and I tried to start it again to no avail. I held the spark plug wire and cranked the engine, and the spark is very intermittent.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE

THANK YOU!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.