Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

About to give up!!

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  macdrone 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm about to give up on my Benz. I replaced the blower motor and regulator. At the same time I also replaced my wire harness. Now after spending all this money, my ac/heat unit does not work. Fuses are all replaced and the strip fuse is intact. What the $#@$# is wrong now?? I'm not going to spend another $1000,- on this car. It is not worth it.
I'm about to call a cash for cars place, and take my loss.
I thought to give it one more shot before she has got to go. Any ideas what this failure might be?
Thanks, Roan

#2 ·
#4 ·
By 'motor 'do you mean the a/c compressor? What is the regulator?

Is the blower working when you push the a/c switch?

Was the compressor checked if it's pumping the correct pressure?

Was the expansion valve checked? Filter drier?

You can also have the Klima relay checked, this controls the a/c module, located behind the battery.

#5 ·
Well I think my compressor is working because it responds to the ac button. But my blower is just not going. The regulator is located under the blowermotor and controls the blowermotor. I replaced the last two and now nothing is happening.
Can it be that a relay quit? I know my control unit was on the ec button, also when the blowermotor and regulator where not installed, while I drove it.
Don't want to buy parts not knowing if they need to be replaced. Is there away I can check certain stuff to single out the problem.
Thanks for the help,
Roan

#6 ·
Sorry totally misread your post then my internet connection failed.
Did you check the motor before installing?
Start cheap, double check all connections thoroughly.
Then check & replace your fuse even if it looks okay.
Then check the Klima relay, located behind the battery. You might have shorted something while working on the motor. You may have to borrow a relay from someone or a shop to check if yours is busted, before buying a new one.

#8 ·
Hi,

Thanks for responding. I won't give up on the car, but got very frustated after all the money spend. I can only find 1 strip fuse and it is mounted on the left strut tower. Where should I find # 2?
If you could sent me a pic with the location or a good description of it I might find it!!
Thanks again, Roan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.