Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fault Codes

7K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  aqorps 
#1 ·
Hi, Folks

I wonder if some one can help 93 wagon 300TE... iS THERE A WAY TO READ the fault codes on car I have that 16 pin black box by the side of the battery buit no switch or LED on this box..... I would appreciate if some familiar with this car can help I need to solve the rough idle
I have tried a few things but wanna see the codes first and I hate to go to the dealer .... you all know they prefer working on new cars..!!!!

Thanks for your advice Guys...

#3 ·
You need either a SDS diag. coumputer or a magic mushroom with an impulse counter to start. BEST plan B replace connectors on the ends of spark plug wires & DO NOT WASH this engine!!! water collects at the connection to the plug wires. If this does not fix next step check for a bad coil, if this does not fix it , sorry engine wireing is the next step.

#6 ·
Hi, guys Sorry for the delay

I did some work on my wagon Cleaned the intake side manifold / Throtle body, replaced some hoses Spark plugs and stuff I got my idle smooth now,......
When the engine is cold Idle is still rough but above 70 deg C its perfect...
I checked for any spak leaks at night no leaks of faulty connections...I did check resistance across temp sensors it drops from 1600ohms to 500 ohms and the other (for gauge ) drops from 110 to 50 ohms with Engine Temp rising from 40 deg to 80 deg c...
Any suggestions guys... I'd very much appreciate that I know some brilliant guys are out there....
just for your info I do need to put a new Masa Air flow sensor as the one now is broken..... Is MAS going to affect Idle when cold...!!!!
I fixed my Power window lift .... but 3 nuts and bolts as rivet started slipping saved some money there.... Planning to do some major interior upgrades and will post b4 and after Pics......

I'm still desperately lookinf gor a way to read codes...
Thanks guys..
Chears. ....for Benz

#11 ·
HI,
i MADE THE TOOL FOR CHECKING CODES (PARTS FROM RADIO SHACK)... I HAVE GOT NO CODES ... STH SEEMS NOT RIGHT ....16TH PIN IS 12V+ AND 1ST PIN IS GROUND AND THE REMAINING 6/7/8/10 AND 14... YOU CHECK ONE BY ONE INSERTING THE THIRD YELLOW JACK AND PUSHING THE SWITCH ON FOR 2-3 SEC...AND INGNITION KEY STAYS ON DURING THIS PROCEDURE....
AM I DOING RIGHT....
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE ....I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.

CHEERS FOR BENZ..
RAJ

#13 · (Edited)
Hi
I 'll check the tool again... but I made it as per the link given on this forum anyways thanks for the response....

I'll get backsoon......

.... did some audio upgrades last year..... some photos......

Cheers
:) Raj

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.