Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

benz wont start pleaz someone help

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mountainredneck 
#1 ·
im writing this due to my 1989 mercedes 260e wont start. it all started wendsday afternoon. i had parked my car in the parking lot of my local Vons groccery store to run in for something really quick, not even 5 min later i come back and my car wouldnt start. i had a 1/4 of gas in the tank at the time and i fugured that maybe i was out of gas. so i walked to the nearest gas station and got about $5 worth in my gas can and i put it in. next i tried to start the car and all it did was turn over just fine but no start! so i let it sit for a good 30 min and tried again. this time it started. a day or two went by and everthing was fine. saturday came around and i went back to that same store and not even 5 minutes later i come back to the same problem! this time though i had more than 1/2 of a tank full of gas. i attempted to start it but it just turned over and did not start at all. this time i was stranded for at least an hour till it finally started up. after this i decided to go home becuase i was afraid of gettin stranded. i stopped at a stop sign near my house and it just died on me. just cut right off and it took another 5 min to start this time. i finnaly got home and put it in the driveway with intition to take it to the shop this monday to see whas going on.this mornig i went to start it again and i wouldnt star at all. to me this is strange because i never really had a problem starting it before. i have been told that this could be a bad fuel pump relay or even a bad accumulator. maybe a bad fuel pump. i woul just like to get some advise on this before i take it to a mechanic and have them want to telling me a b.s story

please help
anthony

ps lately i has also bee idling very low with th ac on. low enough in my opinion for it to almost cut off. i shakes really bad with it on?????????

See less See more
#4 ·
Pulled in to my local electronic store parking garage. Got out of the car and ran in to look for some headphones. Didn't find one. Came out about 15 minutes later. Car would not start. Panic! Sat there thinking "Should I call a tow truck?". Was about to do so then said let me just try it one last time. Bingo it started. Time was 30 minutes later than when I first tried to start it.

Sound familiar?
For me it was the fuel pump relay. I however had a noisy pump and apparently I read on mercedesshop that a bad pump can screw up an fp relay overtime. So I replaced both for piece of mind.

Try thumping the relay to get it to start. Don't laugh it works sometimes :)

#5 ·
an someone give a classic example of a bad accumulator symptoms? i have replaced mine with a supposed good one. still hard start hot and cold. i know cold start is probobly another issue. also, i have seen talk of a fuel check valve. i have not seen a part like that in the plumbing of my fuel pump/filter. ??????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.