Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1993 CE300 Cabriolet, Head gasket, valve guides

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sergio 
#1 ·
Any ideas on the cost for head gasket and valve guides? Am told it is needed at 120K?

#3 ·
I paid close to $2,400 on my '95. Car had 145K miles and the guide valves/seals were done as a preventive measure.

Sergio
'95 E320 163K miles

#4 ·
I live here in sunny San Diego and I tell you, we have a lot of good mechanics..it's only a matter of looking for them through networking and talking to friends.
I just spent $1770.00 on my 89 300E (142k miles) and he replaced/repaired the following:
-head gasket replaced
-replaced valve cover gasket
-removed cylinder head for machine shop, grinded/resurfaced, pressure tested, valve job, replaced 12 valve guides
-replaced water pump/thermostat
-replaced serpentine belt
-replaced an annoying belt tensioner damper shock
-replaced #1 fuel injector
-replaced 6 spark plugs
-oil change
-replaced coolant
-replaced tranny pan gasket
-replaced transmission fluid
-replaced heater hose
-replaced two motor mounts

And this puppy runs like a dream again..no more leaks

#5 ·
vigonz - 2/23/2006 5:09 PM

I live here in sunny San Diego and I tell you, we have a lot of good mechanics..it's only a matter of looking for them through networking and talking to friends.
I just spent $1770.00 on my 89 300E (142k miles) and he replaced/repaired the following:
-head gasket replaced
-replaced valve cover gasket
-removed cylinder head for machine shop, grinded/resurfaced, pressure tested, valve job, replaced 12 valve guides
-replaced water pump/thermostat
-replaced serpentine belt
-replaced an annoying belt tensioner damper shock
-replaced #1 fuel injector
-replaced 6 spark plugs
-oil change
-replaced coolant
-replaced tranny pan gasket
-replaced transmission fluid
-replaced heater hose
-replaced two motor mounts

And this puppy runs like a dream again..no more leaks
[:0][:0]Holy $hit Batman, thats dirt cheap!! DIRT i say!! sign me up too. Im at 126k and dont want to get rid of the car. my mechanic tells me just add oil, but hell, no payments on these cars as they are dirt cheap to buy, why not throw 2k into one?

#6 ·
You are lucky!!
Problem is in the Philadelphia area there aren't any reputable MB mechanics or they charge as much as the dealer so you're stuck going to the dealer.

Sergio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.