Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

wire harness E320 1995

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sergio 
#1 ·
Hi,
I heard a lots of about wire harness disintegrate on this car. If that is the case what kind of wire harness we are talking about? Where is it locate? Is something for do it yourself or have to pay Pro to do this? Where can I get parts on line? What is the cost of this part? Thanks.....

#2 ·
It's the engine wire harness. It goes everywhere throughout the engine compartment. Not a very easy DIY but it can be done. I paid someone to do it because the car was at the shop already and they called me to tell me it needed it and didn't want to go pick the car up, go home, order the harness, install it and take it back to the shop (which is very far away) so I ate the cost of labor ($280) and the part was something like $950. Don't know if you can buy it on-line but if you do, MAKE SURE you check the MB part number stamped on the current harness so you order the correct one. Don't just go by year and model.
If you don't replace it, it could lead to more expensive repairs in the future (such as blowing expensive electronic components).

Sergio
'95 E320 163K miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.