Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Very loud slapping air vent upon cold start.

791 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ksing44 
#1 ·
Something has changed with the air-handling system in my 1995 E320. When the car is cold, the air vent closes with a very loud slapping sound. It seems like the vacuum is too strong or too weak to manage the internal vent that controls air flow in the heating system. This started when my transmission work was done. I wondered if there was a connection with the vacuum for the kickdown actuator and the air-handling system’s vacuum. When the car is warm, the slapping is not nearly as loud. It always closed during cold start-ups, but it was never so loud. I think there must be something wrong with the vacuum controls for the internal vents that control airflow. I am hoping it has something to do with the transmission work, because then the dealer may fix it as part of a warranty service for their work. I am hoping it is not a problem with the “pods�.

Please help me understand the problem so I can help the dealer identify the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.