Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got a drain :(

803 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  zachb55 
#1 ·
Hi there. ive been scanning these forums for as long as ive owned my 1993 300E 2.8 AT, about 2 years now, and just now am needing to post my first question on a topic that i doubt has had much coverage. I guess that goes to show you how much knowledge is held in these archives, cause ive repaired this car through two wrecks and countless little problems. Well on to my question. I have a drain on my battery that is registering about 10.65 volts and is on an unfused circuit. I actually have it down to the exact wire near the battery. I will try to describe it as best as possible, maybe someone can tell me where this goes. The wire comes off of the positive side hub (the thing that one of the main batt. cables goes to that has some large and some small cables running off of it) that is located just in-front of the battery. The wire is the small red one located in a group of about 5 red wires (4 of which are much larger guage) which all connect on the middle terminal of the hub in the form of an eyelet bolted on by a 10MM nut. now, i know that is very specific but maybe some of you know what that has to do with just from the description. If that wire is cut and tested for a draw alone it does not register one, but when it is connected to the rest of that hub, then it causes a draw, so that is why i must suspect it mainly. i checked the Alternator, that was one of the only unfused items i could think of. i also unpluged everything on the pass kick panel and its not in there. please let me know what you think. thanks a million,

-Zach

See less See more
#2 ·
hmm, so no ideas yet? well i know one thing that would be of great use would be if any of you had a good wiring diagram that showed basically all of the power output from the battery to the components. i know this wire is not going to the main fuse box, are there any other secondary fuse points on these cars? thanks,

-zach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.