Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

stereo line input

797 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mcbear 
#1 ·
I have a 95 e320 with a stock head unit and i use my ipod as a source with a cassette adapter. Is there any easy way to get a line in on the head unit i can run to a mini jack on the center consol as this would improve the sound and convience of the setup. I have upgraded my dash speakers but dont want to spend the money for a new head unit.
thanks

#2 ·
Checkout http://www.densionusa.com/index.htm i beleive they make something for your car but it's not cheap. For the amount of money you will spend on an adapter, you can go with one of the newer headunits that have ipod support built-in for not much more $$$. Check-out some of the new Alpine's for 2006 with this feature, it's probably the better route to go.

A new headunit makes all the difference in the world in your car. I just upgraded mine to a JVC KD-ADV6160 Giga MP3 player unit and it sounds so much better than with the stock stereo.

~ccorley

#4 ·
I tried the line input on the 300 and it would not work. My only other choice was, as others suggested, an Alpine headunit. The difference, with stock speakers if amazing. Now, I have a jack where the fader switch was to plug in my iPod and the sound is well worth it. Beats any other mod I have done to my cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.