Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

have a drool!!! before and after amg badges etc

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  JJB236 
#1 ·
hi all, some of you may have seen my 300ce and others probably wont so here its is, interior pictures too.
iv just put my AMG badge on today, so there are before and after's too so tell me what you think?
cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
hi, i dont know what suspension i have it was already on the car. when iv had the car on a ramp, it looks factory, all black dampers etc, been on a while.

the mechanic said he wouldnt be surprised if it was origional but i dont think thats possible somehow???

thanks for your comments anyway.

i prefer the car with the badge, to look at it in real life it looks deadly!!!! the car is very low and the camber on the rear wheels makes it look soooo cool!

iv had one comment already today from some guy in the street, im getting used to it now though, it happens everyday atleast one or two people stopping and having a look.

all good fun

#5 ·
Yeah, the interior is very intresting! Yes, these older W124's attract some attention, my old 500E which was AMG lowered with BBS 18" alloys got at least 10-15 people asking me to sell while I was driving.

I also got an offer from some gangsters in an BMW M5 for a trade! I really cant wait for another 500E, hopefully in the near future if I can track down a good one in the UK.

#6 ·
Oh yeah, I dont think your suspension setting is stock, it looks very low. Maybe the angle at which the car is sitting or the bigger wheels make it look lower?

#7 ·
quote Oh yeah, I dont think your suspension setting is stock, it looks very low. Maybe the angle at which the car is sitting or the bigger wheels make it look lower? quote

no its very low and its not the angle!

unfortunatly i dont know anything about the interior, it was like that when i got it.

i have seen another with two tone leather on this forum quite recently although i cant remember who's post it was sorry.

it is the two tone you have not seen before?

#10 ·
Your car looks great - with or without the badge. My 95 coupe is the same color (or very close) & I love seeing the amg kit on yours.

The interior leather of yours was a special order option from the factory, there are a few out there - my old mate Lennox Lewis had a silver 300ce with black & grey interior like yours back in the early 90's when he first moved to London (we lived next door to each other just off the King's Rd).

Enjoy.

#11 ·
bahnstormer - 1/17/2006 7:31 PM

Your car looks great - with or without the badge. My 95 coupe is the same color (or very close) & I love seeing the amg kit on yours.

The interior leather of yours was a special order option from the factory, there are a few out there - my old mate Lennox Lewis had a silver 300ce with black & grey interior like yours back in the early 90's when he first moved to London (we lived next door to each other just off the King's Rd).

Enjoy.
Are you talking about Lennox Lewis the boxer??
He went to my high school.

He's a prick though, my school wanted to Interview him on his succesfull boxing carrer, he declined the school stating he had better things to do with his time, but I guess you can't blame him with all the millions he's got.[:0]

#12 ·
Yes, Lennox the boxer. He told me once that all of the teachers at his old school treated him like shit, which is probably why he told them to go screw themselves... He was slways a gent around me & my girlfriends, though I moved to the States in 96 & never saw him again. Maybe the fame got him in the end.

Anyway, his car was fantastic - he spent a fortune on stereo systems & Lorinser body enhancements. His was the car that first got me seriously into the w124 shape.

#15 ·
i havnt a clue what type of kit it is, it does have amg stamped on the inside lip of the front bumper and rear, havnt fround anything on the skirts yet but ill have a closer look in the daylight!

the bagde is straight, its just the angle and light that makes it look out. i measured each letter and placed a piece of tape to guide me, all the time still measuring to be doubly sure!

thanks for your comments once again.

it sound like my interior is rather rare then?! im please about that, dont like going with the crowd ha ha ha

#17 ·
oh man!! why didnt i think of a BRABUS badge????!!!!!

im a thick tw*t sometimes ha ha

nice looking car mate, what is it, engine etc?

cheers

#18 ·
haha!!

yeah there's something about the big B!!

Iv got some more pics in the W140 forum,under K14ANO.
check them out, iv had a look at yours!

before you drool, its only a S280!!! [:0]

I got better things to spend my cash on rather than petrol!!

but its all about image, right?

#19 ·
yep its all about image!!! so true, thats why we have merc's and not ford fiestas or nissan micras etc ha ha

ill have a look at your motor now...........

#21 ·
the carat kit has lines / slashes between the fogs

Attachments

#22 ·
I love the look of your ride, the blue is great and I love the interior, that blue wood is very nice, I am thinking of greying out my wood when I refinish it. All you need now is the newer tail lights (- the amber)[:D] Wonderful bumpers, very good looking car. What exhaust do you have? My brother is trying to find a good catback system for his CE.

#24 ·
thanks for your positive comments all of you

i have a remus exhaust at the moment but im seriously considering a straight through stainless setup, maybe once this exhaust gives up on me i will do it,iv ripped it off on a speed bump not so long ago and had to have it welded up so its not going to last that long anyway.

i was looking at some new rear lights also, dont like the crystal ones though so id have to have the smoked ones. crystal is just to common!!!! on nearly every car i see here in plymouth, tons of them have crystals like off the lexus, i think they look crappy and chav ish' too. dont mean to offend anyone by saying that, its just my personal opinion!

may i ask for someone photoshop my motor with smoked and crystals please? compare them then...

thanks again

#25 ·
it apears that my vin number is incorrect, could anybody check this for me please?

my vin....

WDB1240502A772204

cheers

#26 ·
a big thanks to cap'n jasper for this.

here is the specs for my car when it was new, as you can see someone has spent a lot of cash on my beast at some point, glad about that really ha ha

SPECS:

VIN WDB1240502A772204

Model 300 CE

Chassis 1240502A772204

Engine 103983 22 120991

Transmission 722320 03 098661

Order 0 8 537 30227

Approx. year 1988

Dealer Great Britain (537)Å¡

Interior fabric blue (072)Å¡

Paint

355 diamond blue metallic (1984-1990, Ó 1994)

Options

238 city drive light for Great Britain (Ó 01.06.1986 �� 31.10.1989)

Å¡

280 steering wheel (400 mm dia.) and gearshift lever in leather trim; on W202 390 mm dia. (Ó 01.05.1984)

Å¡

286 luggage nets on front seat backrests (Ó 01.01.1962)

Å¡

341 additional lamp (Ó 01.09.1982)

Å¡

Å¡

420 automatic transmission, floor shift (Ó 01.01.1963)

Å¡

430 headrests in the rear (Ó 01.01.1977)

Å¡

461 Unknown code

507 outside rear view mirror, right and left, heated (electrically adjustable on the left) (r.h.d.) (Ó 01.10.1983 �� 31.03.1989)

Å¡

524 paintcoat preservation (Ó 01.01.1964)

Å¡

570 folding armrest front w202/210 stowage box front with armrest (Ó 01.04.1970)

front folding armrest w202 - housing at front with armrest

Å¡

586 Behr air conditioner, and electric window lifters (front and rear doors) (Ó 01.04.1970)

Å¡

613 lamp unit, asymmetrical, l.h. traffic (Ó 01.02.1963)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.