Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help!! Climate control died.

666 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  124via126 
#1 ·
On my way home from work last night I experienced problems with the climate control on my 94’ E420.

It was set for the AC to come on, all is it did was blow hot air. It seems to me that the air is not just hot from the AC not working, but hot as if the temperature is on as hot as it will go. Changing the temperature dial does not affect the temp. All of the other climate control functions seem to be working okay, blower speed, selection of the where the air goes, etc.

I am thinking that something to do with the temp control dial has failed? How do I trouble shoot this and, if it is the dial, what is involved in replacement?

Thanks,

Colorado

#5 ·
remove the two screws just above the ashtray that is holding the wood trim for the center console/ac, etc.

once the screws are removed, SLOWLY AND GENTLY pull out the wood trim panel. it is hooked up at the top where it meets the dash board.

the rest should be easy but if you have Q's then i'll outline the rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.