Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How much do you think it's a fair price for a car in this condition?

917 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bc2885 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY-CLEAN-1995-MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-SEDAN-LOOK_W0QQitemZ4576504116QQcategoryZ6335QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#4 ·
I dont feel comfortable w/ no mention of maintenance history or # of owners or accidents/carfax info, etc, which leads me to believe that this is auction goods. I believe Ike hit this one on the head though at $6500. These cars w/ records with these miles can fetch $8-9k easy, but this one has alot hiding IMO. If your interested in a nice 94-95 e320, id check auto trader dot com as they have many PRIVATE PARTY, NON STEALER/DEALER cars with history as deep as the person whos @SS has been in that seat. Many one and 2 owner examples out there ranging from $5k-11k. E-bay for benz is for reference only IMO. This car @ 6k plus?

#7 ·
neanderthal - 9/23/2005 11:37 PM

we know it will need a head gasket and wire harness.

if it has those records, then by all means anything up to about $8000. if not, no more than $5000. you will have to do it if it hasnt been done. its not an option.
You guys just keep saying that. I guess I will face it sooner or later. I am prepared to do it, but of course I wish it wasn't a problem with these cars. I just had the water pump replaced and I had to get a new battery and a throttle actuator, so I hope that this year I don't have to deal with the wiring harness or the head gasket. I am also going to have to get my 90K check-up, which I know will include front brakes. I am hoping that is all I will have to do for a little while. The maintenance costs can start to add up, although I suppose my 1995 has been relatively inexpensive during my 8 years of ownership.

Did you notice how high that 1995 E320 Special Edition was sitting, based on the huge gaps at the front and rear fenders? That is what my car was like, before I changed the springs. I see some W124s that are not as high as my 1995. The 1995s were really way up high.

I think it is also funny how the advertisement talks about how clean the engine is. They think a quick detail job is an indication that the car was well cared for. The reality is that the car could have been a real mess and all they did was clean the motor. I noticed the seats were rather worn and nobody ever took the time to fix the flaps sticking up on the door pockets. I don't think the car looked like a creampuff. Don't get me wrong; I think it is a beautiful car. It looks exactly like mine. I just think it is very likely that you would have to spend quite a bit of money to get it looking like new again.

Mine isn't sky high anymore.

#8 ·
Yea, im w/ ya on the motor comment Ksing. It had obviousely just got back from detailing like minutes ago when they decided to snap a few shots. When i buy an ugly house and re-hab it very quickly, then sell it, i refer to this as "TERD POLISHING". The blatent lack of leather care of all seating areas was very disturbing to me to say the least.[:0][:0][xx(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.