Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

recognise this 'CLUNK'?

798 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Braingears 
#1 ·
I seem to remember a few postings a while back about automatic 300Es shifting and making a loud clunk that shakes the car. My old one did it but it was because it had a tranny fluid leak, and it was a delayed clunking noise as if the tranny was 'catching' up with the shaft.
This car is clunking right on the shift... could this be a fueling problem or is it my tranny again?
Note: it began one day right after the car didn't start because of my wacked out fuel sensor/pump/filter. when the car finally started and I had it going down the road it began clunking loudly during all the shifts.
RJ

#2 ·
I had a pretty decent clunk when shifting, but last week had the tranny fluid and filter replaced. Now it shifts as good as new. Well... maybe not like 'new', but a helluva lot better than before.

But my clunk has been there for a while. I can't recall if it developed after any specific incident.

When did you last have the filter/fluid changed?

#3 ·
Also check the differental mounts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.