Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My Grill

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  vili1982 
#1 ·
Sup everybody, I just couldn't give away so much money for the S600 grill the dealer wanted so I made my own. Hope you like it.

Time:2 Hours
$$$$:$35

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Very cool looking mod, what holds the molding to the grill? Are they self adhesive? Also, have you noticed any increase in engine temp as the intake size has been reduced?

#5 ·
Looks alright, doesn't match a true S600 grill as they have less slants. Flatbadge it and get rid of that nasty Benzo sticker on your windshield. Is that to remind you and others of what you drive, in case you forget?

Cali

#6 ·
CaliE320 - 9/19/2005 6:02 AM

Looks alright, doesn't match a true S600 grill as they have less slants. Flatbadge it and get rid of that nasty Benzo sticker on your windshield. Is that to remind you and others of what you drive, in case you forget?

Cali
ahahahaha
dont follow the ricers vili
stickers dont give your car horsepower
you know its a mercedes, keep it clean

#7 ·
Cyber yes they are self adhesive I was thinking of putting some good glue on it to stick better but for summer its good since the car is going inthe garage this Winter (New Car-93 Golf Diesel)

Cali good stuff, I'm glad you like it, as far as the Benzo sign I knwo how you feel about it as I get about 20 people a week telling me to take it off, I gave it some tought an ////ALPINE sticker is going up to replace it.

And Menace once you put up a kit on these cars you already fell into this so called "rice" world.

89Benzo last but not least, it's a Eurebini kit nothing special, I will be selling it this winter I want a Wald kit.

#9 ·
There's a huge difference between rice and euro style. MB,BMW, Porsche and a few others have been putting body kits on their cars for years before the Imports(Asian) were even in style, think way back to early 80's. Imports weren't even seriously considered performance till the past decade. Their first attempt at copying Euro style & performance was the Z car back in the day. As of many things they took an idea and tried to improve on it. Adding euro styling & mods to their own rides but of course tweaking it some what.Just because you have a body kit doesn't mean you fall under the ricer category. Just remember Euro automakers came out with that style first long before Fast N furious got every kid slapping on kits and thinking NOS was Warp drive.It's the little things that
you add to it that makes it rice. For example excessive decals, windshield decal, cheap fart can exhaust, every cheap accessory ever made glued, velcroed etc to your interior or exterior so on & so forth.
Euro style is flowing art & performance. Keep the lines smooth yet sporty and most of all keep it clean..Alot of times I see people asking advise for cheap styling & performance mods for their Benz. Cheap & performance don't go together and they really don't fit under the Euro style banner.
Rice = collage of everything slapped together regardless of price..It's like owning a multi million dollar home and having it furnished by Ikea and Kmart.

~Cali

#10 ·
Cali.. I dont mean to step on your toe's we did a little bit of that 7-8 months back, but post some pics of your vehicle, I would love to see what real non-fart mufflers, and real body kits look like, what real euro yet sporty type W124's should look like, since I really have no taste and clue in what it's all about, I may have thrown away a lot of money on my car, with cheap 800 dollar chrome "baller" wheels, and stupid windshield decals and so forth, but let me tell you... everybody here has their own looks and what they like what they dont, there are people who like to have that EURO look but not pay so much for it,No offence I personally do not regreat any dollar I spent on my car because I like it and it satafies me not 'John, Dave, Chris, or some Cali320.

When you have some time post up some pics of the updated fenders of yours I like that idea, I would like to know how you did it.

Take it ez.

#12 ·
Dissasemble the whole grill untill you get just the plastic, once you have just the plastic part the chrome plate strips just slide off, in the up and down position.

And heat up the chrome sticks they will go on easier, I leaned that after I got blisters...

#13 ·
I went looking for this TrimBrite stuff and all I could find was this "L" shaped channel as opposed to the traditional "U" shape most associated with door trim. Is this what you guys used?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.