Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1992 300e 4matic 3.0 L hard starting when hot

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sach 
#1 ·
anyboby...
My car starts fine in the morning when cold. after driving to work and the car sitting for 8 hours, I turn key to start, car starts but it seems like its going to stall then the idle picks up.- After this car runs great. Once in a while it will stall upon starting in this situation, then start right up, with the idle low then it catches up. If I drive a short distance, then start again, the same thing happens. the car starts but idle remains low for a few seconds then the car runs fine. Sometimes I give it a little gas in these situations when cranking and it seems to help. could this be something fixed with a new OVP. or is it an idle adjustment. Should i try some injector cleaner ? I'm using 91 octane. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. (1992 300e 4matic 3.0L.) Thanks[^]

#3 ·
now its doing this in the morning, stalls on the first crank, then runs rough to 5000 rpm for a few seconds until normal idle to 10,000 rmp. then runs fine. mornings, after work after car sits 8 hrs. and when hot after short hops. After this happens car runs excellent. will try some injector cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.