Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300E sputters and almost stalls on cold starts

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  joev 
#1 ·
Thanks to all for your great support !

SInce the fuel line repairs, the car runs pretty good now, except, it has some issues on cold starts. When the car sits overnight, the next morning, when starting the car, it rumbles, and sputters, and shakes...and 5 minutes later, it is running fine.. I can't put my finger on it, but if trying to drive anywhere before 2-3 minutes of running, it either stalls, or very close, until it has been running for about 5 minutes.
I located a cracked pressure hose, and replaced it, but it still behaves the same.

As I am awaiting my mercedes bible, has anyone any idea why this might be happening ?

I also changed the plugs, brand new Bosch recommended for the car, the distr cap and rotor have been changed, it seems like a fuel system related problem.

thanks again.

joev

#2 ·
Joev,
I can think of three things: It might be that the injectors need to be cleaned or replaced, or it might be some problem with the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel distributor (that spider thingy under the filter assembly,) and it also may be a problem with the cold-hot switch-over valve. You might want to start at the latter first.

Hope this helps,
Shady

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.