Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fair price for '89 300 TE?

709 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flathman 
#1 ·
I posted earlier re: general feedback for this car.
I am curious as to the thoughts on what the price should be (I know geography can impact this -- I am in Florida). Blue book estimate for private party value is $3,470 - $3,885.
Details are:
Mileage: 137,000
Interior + Exterior: no dings, cracks, rips, etc.
It's automatic, and has a 'newly- replaced' 6 cylinder gas engine with 26,000 miles on it. Presently with third owner (retired guy, who bought it with 99,000 miles). Mechanically, it checks out.
I have a 2001 M-class and whilst I LOVE these wagons I don't have broad knowledge on pricing and would like feedback from those of you who are more familiar.
Thank you!

#2 ·
My car has 235k miles on the original engine. i would be curious about the details surrounding the engine replacement. If all you say is true about the condition and taking into consideration the engine replacement I think I would be willing to pay $5 or 6k. The TEs are fairly rare, at least compared to the 124 sedans.

#3 ·
i just sold my 88te for $2000. it could have used about $1000worth of minor put off stuff; valve guide seals, door strap, sticky window switch. maybe i could have gotten $3000 for it with those things fixed.
it had 250000 miles on it and was in pretty good shape.

if you look at ebay at the 'completed sales' you will find that $3500 is a fair price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.