Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FS: 1979 240D: OM617, 4spd, Garrett VGT, A2W IC

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Pirublues 
#1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon,

Looking to sell my w123. It's a '79 240D with an om617 and 4speed manual transmission. No AC from factory and manual windows. I bought it from the previous owner a little over 2 years ago.

Engine:
OM617. 126k-ish miles
Garrett VGT turbo.
A2W intercooler with honda radiator.
Recently rebuilt starter and altenator.
New battery.

Trans:
4 Speed manual
Could use new shifter bushings
Custom made driveshaft

Interior:
Blue leather
black nardi wheel
could use some cleaning but seats are in great shape.

Body:
Pastel blue (faded), needs repaint. (1 rust spot near gas door
Driver side door was hit in the parking lot. I have a spare w123 door to swap over.
Could use new door mouldings.

Suspension:
Lowered on vogtland springs.
Could use shocks.
Bushings all seem good and somewhat new.

To be honest the car is really fun to drive. I've gotten this car sideways a few times. It can definitely keep up with traffic and the om617 has no problem getting up to 90mph (max with this rearend and trans). The turbo spools up to 15psi pretty darn quickly. It gets about 28mpg mixed. It's not pretty by any means. I might get it repainted but that'll I'll increase the price. Honestly clean it up and get a respray and this car could be a real winner. Or swap the drivetrain and mods into a nice w123, which is what I wanted to do.

Only reason I'm selling it is because I have a project car I really need to finish and I hardly drive it anymore. I was looking for a 300cd or 300sd to swap everything over to but I simply don't have the time. It just sits in the driveway collecting spiderwebs.

Price: $3000 or best offer, negotiable as I need the space.
I'll also give you a crap ton of w123 parts I have. Suspension, 300cd rear, blue interior, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, rear headrest, etc. Probably 500 to 1000 dollars worth of parts.

Located in southern California.

mahalregina@gmail.com

http://i.imgur.com/lgjTlST.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ILNUGlE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xjzZzzs.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
If you part it out, I'd like to call dibs on that non-AC heater box!
I also have an interested person looking for a 4-speed kit for their 300TD.

Nice to see another Baldwin fuel filter user and I like your clean intercooler install, that would fit well with a W115 manifold.
Does it have a bleed screw to get air out of the upper half or do you just tilt it up when filling?

#4 ·
Drove the car to work this morning and it ran well and strong. But, at lunch it got stuck in reverse. I'll have to crawl under the car and release it from reverse via the shift arms. I'm having thoughts of swapping everything over to another w123. Please save me from this.

Price drop, $2,500 obo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.