Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Greasecar Kit Install

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Forcedinduction 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the instructions to install one of these? I have most of the parts I think, minus the T used on the coolant. I Think I understand the basic concept, was just looking for some help on the install. I have the 13 gallon tank kit with the pumps and the filter.

#6 ·
Raw vegetable oil is very destructive to all diesel engines, both for the fuel system and the engine itself. There is no "conversion" kit in existence that can resolve the inherent issues with raw oils such as glycerin, acidity, non-water fluid contamination (cooker cleaning agents), fat content and hydrogenation that filtering and heating cannot possibly affect.

Biodiesel was developed specifically to address all of the problems associated with burning raw oils and requires NO conversion or modifications to use.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info, the main reason I was looking into it was I am a bit of a prepper and was looking at it from alternative fuel source prospective. Ended up storing the kit since I don't want to ruin all the work I've done on the car haha

I want to run biodiesel but the place out in Corona want a you to join a club or something and I hadn't looked into it much more

#11 ·
There is an alternative fuels section over on the peach parts forum where you will be able to find people who do this kind of thing.

(This isn't saying I agree or disagree with the responses so made so far in this thread - think of my comment as a public service announcement!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.