Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Can one still purchase MB Tex?

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MBZ300CD 
#1 ·
Greetings all, and a happy 2017.

I have been looking all over the internet, and I only found bad news.

Three sites from which is was mentioned one could buy MB Tex were GAAH, performanceproducts4benz and World Upholstery. Of these, GAAH no longer has a web site, performanceproducts4benz now belong to Eckler's MBZ parts, which claim that they no longer sell MB Tex by the yard, and World Upholstery only advertises finished products.

Has anyone tired to purchase MB Tex lately? If not MB Tex, can one purchase something that at least has the right colour?

I need creme, both perforated and unperforated. I'll most likely have to import, as I'm dead sure I will find none here in South Africa.

I also need carpet, but it's only for the parcel shelf, so I'll settle for "close enough".

Thank you

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I couldn't possibly afford to phone them directly! Not with the current exchange rates, the expensive phone service, and the time zone difference.

I have found two places that will export here to me. GAHH wasn't one of them.

#5 ·
I've had a good experience with Woolies in the UK for fake Elephant hide for my Land Rover. Their postage costs are expensive. Their products aren't cheap but they do seem to be good and about as good as you can get. It is a bit like buying stuff at the dealership - at least it is there!

#6 · (Edited)
Hey! Stretch is back! :wave: :beerchugr:

I'll look into Woolies. But Miller's (millermbz) came highly recommended from a local Mercedes restorer. Also, German Auto Tops seems to export at reasonable rates.

#8 ·
Ordering some MB-Tex material right now from They are located in USA in California. They are sending me some free samples, i'm in South Carolina. Look for RAW MATERIALS, SEAT MATERIALS, then click the image for VINYL SEAT MATERIALS. Poof..... ask for samples because their numbers are NOT MB codes.

#9 ·
FYI. I've purchased so called MBTEX from both GAHH and World Upholstery. Unfortunately, the quality did not compare to the real MBTEX I had purchased 15 years earlier. The new material is not as dense. When held up to the light I could see the shadow of my hand through it, not so with the original stuff.
However, it is what it is and I couldn't, nor could several Upholstery shops, find another source.