Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W115 1975 300D linkages

874 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cooljjay 
#1 ·
I was wondering where I can find the instruction on adjusting the linkages on my friends W115 1975 300D. The adjuster nuts on the linkages now are all loose. There is a lot of slop and the linkages that go in the direction of the air intake don't even move when the fuel petal is depressed.

This is a new car to us and the linkages are different from my 81 W123 and the 85 turbo W123

Thanks

#2 ·
Those would be in the Factory Manual.

I know for My Later Model there is specific lengths for the Linkage Rods listed in the Manual.
Mercedes was selling the Manuals on CD or DVD. However, Mine dose not function properly on 64 bit Windows 7 Home.

Part numbers for service Manuals STARTEK
Star Service CDs and DVDs
Contact Consumer Promotions at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes for current pricing and ordering information on the accompanying CDs and DVDs that are available for purchase. Please refer to Service Information S-B-99.00/222J for more on Star Service

You can view some of the Manuals for free on STAR TekInfo but you need to register and some have said they cannot view it.
If you do a search on this forum using startek it might bring up more direct info on the Manuals.

Mercedesmanuals sells the CD and DVD sets of the Manuals but they cost.

Various ebay sellers sell the used originals or copies (legal or illegal copies?).

I had tried 2 eBay copied ones at different times and could not get them to work.

Also on eBay when you buy any repair Manual be sure to read if it is a "download" off the internet only Manual or an actual DVD or CD or book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.