Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Where to get Bendix front caliper hardware kit 1985 300TD?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rockyriver 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
These are usually not sold as a kit, per se - Mercedes Source has created that kit to make it easy to shop, which is something he likes to do.

Pelican Parts does offer all of these in their catalog, but you have to search by part number of find them. They are the Genuine MBZ parts so they are going to cost more than the Mercedes Source kit if you go this route. There are multiple part numbers for the springs, with the differentiation being your caliper ID number from the looks of it. The Mercedes Source link echos this as his kit is only for certain Bendix calipers anyway. I'd suggest calling Pelican Parts to ask for help choosing the correct part. But here is what I found:

Spring for Bendix calipers:

Part# 0004211691 (I hope it's not this one based on price) - $87.25/ea

Part# 0004212091 - $19.00/ea

Part# 0004212691 - $15.00/ea

Lock pin for Bendix calipers:

Part# 0004210573 - $1.25/ea

Dowel for Bendix calipers:

Part# 0009912660 - $20.00/ea

That all aside, I'd wonder if there was a certain reason you felt you needed to replace these parts. And I'd ask myself whether you would do better with a trip to the scrapyard to look for ones in decent shape.

#3 ·
Thanks for the help uberwasser.
With your parts numbers I was able to put together a kit in after market and see each individual part to make sure they were correct. I just crossed referenced them to other manufacturers.
You helped me out "ALOT", and thanks for the time you put forth to help me.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.